Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hope is here!

Today the FDA approved the first drug that "fixes" a defective CF gene!!!!! While this drug won't be of help to Cade because he doesn't have the mutation it works on, I am beyond excited! It does help my other favorite CFer Tori and this makes my heart smile just as much. I can't wait until the prescription is in her hand. Kalydeco is like the greatest gift to the CF community in a long time! Not only is Kalydeco a major treatment breakthrough for people with the G551D mutation of CF, the science behind the drug has opened exciting new doors to research and development that may eventually lead to a cure for all people living with CF.




For everyone that has donated to Team Cade and the CFF, this is what your money is going towards. The CFF has several more drugs that they are working on now. My dreams are coming true.  A cure is coming and no one else will have to watch their children die because of this awful disease.

1 comment:

  1. EXCITING NEWS!!! You and Casey, (and your families) have done an amazing job at bringing awareness to our community about CF. Cade is such a lucky little boy to have you as his parents. and I am thankful to be able to call you friends!! I love you guys!! GO TEAM CADE!!

    ReplyDelete